Chat is for quick conversations (great for spur-of-the-moment discussions).
- Spur-of-the-moment discussions are perfect for Chat.
- But when you have a lot of people talking about multiple subjects in a Forum or Team, Chat conversations can easily become overwhelming and fragmented. That’s where Topics come in…
Topics are for specifically-focused conversations (great for longer, topic-oriented discussions).
- Topics are a great way to organize ongoing discussions about a particular subject, which can be added to indefinitely.
- You can start a specific Topic for discussion and other Users are able to comment directly in your Topic, share files, and set reminders.
- Tip: Chat comments can be turned into a Topic at any time by clicking the ellipses menu on any Chat message and selecting “Create Topic”. This will then provide the option to create a Topic from the selected Chat message or multiple Chat messages.
Tasks are for turning conversations into action (great for assigning, tracking, and completing projects).
- Tasks allow you to keep track of the projects your team commits to by creating a list of individual Tasks, assigning them to Users to work on, sharing relevant files, communicating directly within the Task, setting reminders and due dates, and tracking Task progress.
- You can choose to display your Tasks either in a Task List or as a Kanban task Board (like Trello).
- Each Task is given a specific Task ID, which can be linked to in conversations by typing “#” immediately followed by your task’s ID number.
Calls are for talking with teammates via Voice and Video, including Screen Sharing (great for internal team conference calls).
- Group Calls can be started and joined by any Member or Guest of a Forum or Team. 1-on-1 Calls can be made with any User available in your People list.
- We do not enforce any limits on the number of Users who may join a call as the maximum number varies largely on your Users’ network connections during the call.
- Calls can be made from any Windows, Mac, or Linux device using our Desktop and Mobile apps.